



This one is mainly for dad, and I apologize for not being able to speak more intelligently about what it is they're foraging for. In any event, I hope you all can enjoy them.
A week or two ago I took full advantage of a gloriously blessed Sunday and walked towards one of the giant warehouse-style supermarket/discount stores near here. I took a lesiurely stroll along the stream that runs parallel to my building and aims north towards eternity and south towards the Cheonggye stream that we walked along your first night in Seoul and finally empties into the massive Han river downtown. Along the way I found two of the elderly women I'd mentioned to you over the phone hunched over plucking herbs? weeds? ...? to use for cooking? flavoring? remedies? I really haven't a good clue. I snapped the first two shots from some distance in order to frame them, give some perspective that I wasn't out in the sticks somewhere doctoring the photos of some farmers, and also to respect their privacy. As I neared, I asked the one lower to the walking/running/biking path if I could take a closer shot. She, missing nearly all here teeth, pointed to her small rucksack and mumbled something unintelligible. My first thought was she was asking for money...so, deciding not to press the matter, I lowered my 'weapon' and thanking her, continued to enjoy my walk and day.
Enjoy yours...
Love you guys!
3 comments:
Reminds me of someone in the American south harvesting chickory for a coffee or tea.
I don't know why but it makes me think of that.
dad
what's chickory...and when were you in the American south? :)
Such a comment could have only come from our resident History Major.
Chickory is a weed that is commonly used to make a tea/coffee like drink. Very popular in the American south in the 1800s.
Post a Comment