Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poor Spiderman


So like all of you know.....last Monday as this mom of three with 3 weeks lift till I go back to work got a lovely phone call from Jadan's school explaining that a few boys were shoving each other which led to Jadan getting knocked over hitting his head on the rough school walls or cement....they said they were observing him for a concussion but thought he was okay and would call me if things changed. I decided, knowing my little sensitive man, that I would just walk over there really quick and make sure.....but instead I got a screaming princess yelling "spiderman is in my nose!" WHAT!! I was so confused to I went to the other room where she had been playing and sure enough spiderman was missing a hand. She kept changing her story, not in her nose, in her nose, I couldn't see it but I could tell she sounded stuffy. I called the pediatrician and they had me rush there. Sure enough they could see the hand, with 5 nurses including me pinning her down, with HUGE tweezers coming at her and a light Ella was SCREAMING bloody murder! Our doctor seemed nervous and then once the nose started bleeding all over the place she said she couldn't do it. NICE! Luckily while I was on the way to the doctor I had called Randy and told him about the kids and his boss had him leave so he was able to meet us at the other doctor who had to numb her nose and they with one little grab got it.....I have never had either of the kids stick things in places and I don't think miss Ella will EVER go though that again :)

No comments: