Thursday, April 24, 2008

Feng Shui Yard

Dad and I are very proud of our feng shui yard. No evil spirits can enter our backyard sanctuary. Everything is rounded. From the path to the accents, we have made it a very relaxing place to retreat to and meditate with all who visit, in human form or in animal form, such as the birds, raccoons, deer, or opossums. We have tried to incorporate the five elements into the yard such as wood, fire, earth, metal and water. Our new addition of the dwarf Japanese maple completes the serenity. I am reminded of my mindfulness as the sound of the Chinese gong chimes. It instructs me to breath in and out and smile. I am then conscious of the beautiful things this time on earth has surrounded me with.

Listen, listen. This wonderful sound brings me back to my true self. ~Thich Nhat Hanh

I sit here now, in one of the Adirondack chairs looking at all the plants sprouting, the rhododedrons and yashino cherry trees blooming, and I can only appreciate that I am not in a fenced in yard. I am blessed by the overwhelming pleasure I get to be here and have such a wonderful family to share this with, in person or through cyberspace.

No comments: