Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Goods











Here are some shots of the ingredients...the process...and the finished result. I have it on good authority, i.e. an authentic Korean, that while I made it a tad sweet (forgot to reduce sugar by the apple/pear I included) it does in fact taste pretty good. It will set out on my counter for a few days to sour and ferment, as I prefer aged kimchi much more than fresh stuff. Feel free to stop by for a taste...

5 comments:

Mom said...

Looks great. I would probably like your sweeter version. I wish I could stop by for a taste. We got snow here and in fact schools are all closed today. Great day to set up the tree.

Daddy-O said...

Is that a "how to make Kimche" manual I see?

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree...

GOOD JOB!!
I'm sitting here in the den with a 10 degree freeze outside and this "speaks to me of spring-time".

That's an inside joke for you old-school Iron Chef fans out there...

MMartin said...

that might be the package of plastic gloves you see for mixing it all together....I used an online video of a Korean woman in the states (or Canada)..pretty much copied her....

today's ingredient...shrimp brine paste!! YaYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Daddy-O said...

Today's secret ingredient...

Cat Urine
Oooohhh!

MMartin said...

in Japan...cat urine could actually be the case...

have you heard they have 'LIVE' crab vending machines...I kid you not...