Friday, August 8, 2008

The Illusionist

...do not form any identity outside of this moment, it's illusory...

6 comments:

Springer said...

What??!!

Mom said...

I think the thought means that out identity is only in the moment. It's ever changing.

Mom said...

opps . . . our idendity.

Springer said...

I get what it means...butwith Mattit always means something deeper. The .... at the beginning and the end must mean something....

MMartin said...

...that is accurate...

Daddy-O said...

I think Freud addresses this in his essay "on narcissism". Most of us are obsessed with what we were, what we are or what we would like to be.

It's difficult to just "be".
It's seems lazy or shallow because were taught to always be "accomplishing" something or improving ourselves.

We spend most of our time earning money and then fill the little time left spending that money in the pursuit of "happiness".
daddy-o