Saturday, June 5, 2010

One month...and viola!





How do you like them apples??...err...veggies?

6 comments:

Mom said...

I will be eating pretty good while I'm there. I love Jihya's hat. I need to get one like that when I'm there.

MMartin said...

Yeah..was thinking about that while we rode the bus yesterday...we were talking about you, what is the name of the skin condition you have, and did you have the red spots on your upper back removed or just treated with a cream/ointment? Don't pack anything...$3 while you're here will do the job, and you can regift it to Jihye if you don't want to take the hat back west...

Daddy-O said...

Very impressive guys!!

I'm so jealous. The weather her has been so cold and rainy.
If the sun ever comes out I'll snap some photos of my sad little underwater patch.

Yours looks really great!

Mom said...

This is what I have. I treat it with an ointment that has been almost 100% successful in my case. I will just need to wear a good sunscreen and a hat if I am directly in the sun. It is not systemic. No more tanning for me. :-)

Cutaneous (or skin) Lupus

This type of lupus is a skin disease that causes a rash on the face, neck, scalp, and ears. There are two types of cutaneous lupus: discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE), which can cause scarring; and subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE), which doesn't cause scars. Discoid lupus is a much more rare form of lupus than SLE, although about 10% of people with discoid lupus will develop a mild form of SLE. It doesn't affect other body organs the way that SLE can.

MMartin said...

OK..that was the name I told Jihye..Lupus, couldn't remember if that was it at the time. We'll find you a big ole' sombrero and lather you up in the sunscreen...gotta get you out to harvest some veggies though. The farm owners told us to harvest our summer radish, should be interesting to see what they look like now, roots and all.

Mom said...

Thank for thinking of your old mother...I showed Jadan the garden pictures and he loves lettuce.