A final blog today about what I had posted before...what I had prepared for mom's visit. Was talking to Jihye before mom's trip and thought I should get myself something for working so long and nearing the one hundred thousand dollar mark...a little reward for myself. She suggested a new bed. I've only had hand-me-downs from other foreigners or slept on the floor for over six years...so I thought that sounded just fine. Spent some time online and shopping around the Seoul for a while before settling on a frame from the internet which was pretty cheap, and managed to find an AMAZING mattress at a little shop just down the street from Jihye's house. We'd tried box-spring mattresses, memory foam, pillow top, and some other kind of mattress, all priced WAY too high before discovering this little gem. A double box-spring pillow top mattress for less than half of what the others were going for. This little shop had three floors, we met the guy on the first, he took us downstairs to try out several...then after hemming and hawing and about to leave, he said, 'Well..come upstairs and look at this...' So we went up two flights of narrow stairs, snaked our way past bed sets, mirrors, and full-wall lengths closets to a hidden back corner and one random mattress. As soon as my ass made contact I was pulling out my wallet..just loved it. The firmness of the boxspring, the pillowy-ness of the pillow top, and the breathability that memory foam mattress don't provide... Mom might attest to it..but I just love sleeping on it. Also bought some nice beddings to go with it and a really, really nice coolmax bedding pad that sucks the sweat off of you while you sleep and keeps you dry...a necessity for 90+ degree nights. I hope mom and Jadan enjoyed it..although they had a tendency to sleep on the cheap sofa bed that I'd originally bought....ay caramba! :)
The bed is usually made and looks much better, but my furry better half didn't want to be interrupted and as she is heading for another 'heat' soon, I am mid-removing the nice linens and using crappy stuff that can hide blood better....oh joy!
1 comment:
Snuggling up with that little sweetie would make any mattress great!
Hi Puppy!!
Post a Comment