Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Home Goodies...
















I finally had my 18 year old man tech. orgy recently....as you may or may not know, mom was kind enough to buy me a new computer and large monitor on her final day here. I didn't know we weren't suppossed to share when someone did something so nice for someone else..I'll have to remember that...or not! Anyhow, her gift got me to thinking, what else could someone who has ground away and lived on floors and in closets for six years without spending a penny do for himself....the obvious choice was a new home theater system. So I bought Samsung's top-of-the-line 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound home theater system. (Funny, Samsung sells different products in Korea that they do in the US...and Korean-made products are much more expensive here than they are there...odd...but something to do with the ABSOLUTE monopoly they have on the market here...)

Anyways...so I had my home theater for a week and let me just say that having 7 full-powered speakers and a giant sub-woofer in a small one-bedroom apartment makes for some AWESOME sound. I joked with Jihye about getting a big-screen TV to round off my new home entertainment system, but bagged the idea. I was feeling internally guilty for having bought a new top of the line bed, getting a new state of the art computer w/ 27" HD monitor, and now a cutting edge home theater system...I should cool off for about a year and get a nice big screen next year. But of course, I was bit by the bug and splurged. I ended up getting a Samsung 50" HDTV with 3-D!!! There is not much content available in 3-D yet, but even watching the one movie that is produced Monster vs. Aliens is breathtakingly gorgeous!! Also, Samsung's 3-D TV's allow me to turn any HD content on regular broadcast into 3-D with the simple press of a button. So HD soccer games, 'click'...3-D!! HD movies on TV, 'click'...3-D!! They're not as good as content originally produced in 3-D...but still adds some depth to the viewing.

So..I finally caught my breath this morning, and will try a couple blog posts...but thought I should lead off with my bragging...err...sharing report of my new home entertainment system...felt nice to drop $$$ and not really have to sweat it at all. What an odd, well-deserved sensation to enjoy...
Oh, I almost forgot...but as a cherry on top..I bought myself a Nintendo Wii and 4 games...really cool to golf, joust, and play Mario Kart on 50 inches...wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....

1 comment:

Daddy-O said...

What's the money (and all the hard work) for if not to spend!!
I should talk I know...

Damn, now I have to get a 55" TV just to out-do you!!