latest rumor I've heard is it was a Gyopo (Korean-born overseas) who was on her second visit to the motherland....she started bad-mouthing Korea on her cell-phone and the old woman wouldn't stand for it. Then instead of properly taking the verbal abuse from a senior, the young and rudely-Americanized young girl said, after the old woman's barrage, 'hey, shutup, ok?'...to which the old woman attacked...
really...no surprise at all...gotta love the Confucian culture...(I also appreciate how 'everyone' helps the poor gal..)
Sadly..and it'd take more to explain than a comment..probably not much in the way of response by Americans either...I've seen verbal abuse lead to seizures, people leap off a bridge after people chanted 'jump, jump'!! (both in the US) So...once I got to Korea, I vowed to never 'do nothing'...which has led to me breaking up four fights, 3 of which were men attacking women, and rush down six flights and across a street to help a woman being savagely attacked on the street, her head being smashed into (ironically) a police office metal pole...I got there just in time to watch the police stand and do nothing and let her be thrown into the back seat of a car that just showed up...I still seeth with anger every time I see those cops..
long story short...always do something...it takes so little to prevent so much...
4 comments:
Was that her daughter or just some random old woman cuffing a young girl??
latest rumor I've heard is it was a Gyopo (Korean-born overseas) who was on her second visit to the motherland....she started bad-mouthing Korea on her cell-phone and the old woman wouldn't stand for it. Then instead of properly taking the verbal abuse from a senior, the young and rudely-Americanized young girl said, after the old woman's barrage, 'hey, shutup, ok?'...to which the old woman attacked...
really...no surprise at all...gotta love the Confucian culture...(I also appreciate how 'everyone' helps the poor gal..)
I wonder what would happen if that happened here??
Downtown Oly?
NYC?
Same response?...or lack thereof.
Sadly..and it'd take more to explain than a comment..probably not much in the way of response by Americans either...I've seen verbal abuse lead to seizures, people leap off a bridge after people chanted 'jump, jump'!! (both in the US) So...once I got to Korea, I vowed to never 'do nothing'...which has led to me breaking up four fights, 3 of which were men attacking women, and rush down six flights and across a street to help a woman being savagely attacked on the street, her head being smashed into (ironically) a police office metal pole...I got there just in time to watch the police stand and do nothing and let her be thrown into the back seat of a car that just showed up...I still seeth with anger every time I see those cops..
long story short...always do something...it takes so little to prevent so much...
Post a Comment