As loyal readers of this family blog may recall...last winter I moved into my new apartment and immediately faced daunting heating bills. According to everyone, the heating costs in my building are exorbitant, the owners of the bread shop on the first floor implored me to buy some form of a stand heater. So..I posted last March when I bought the $100 floor stand heater, although that was too late to make much of a dent in my bills for the '09-'10 winter season. In fact, I had turned off my expensive floor heating system as of mid-February last year and was suffering in silence.
Fast forward to this year...and I have been anxiously waiting 10+ months to attack the heating bills this time around. I have the floor stand heater, and my recently purchased goose down bedding and other assorted warm blankets. I will also add one last item to my arsenal, a separating curtain (think dramatic stage curtain, something thick and velvety) in between the main living room and the kitchen and spare room, hopefully in order to maximize the effectiveness of the stand heater. The temperature dropped to 1 degree Celcius last week, so it is well time to get things started.
For those keeping score at home, here are the monthly totals for last year. (I'm not sure what units of measurement they are using, nor am I positive the source of the heat, be it oil, gas, or something else.) All I know is that it is too expensive, and I do not aim to spend $400+ per month for it.
Oct. '09 - 20 units of heat ...............................Oct. '10 - 0 units of heat
Nov. '09 - 155 units of heat
Dec. '09 - 116 units of heat
Jan. '10 - 73 units of heat
Feb. '10 - 35 units of heat
March '10 - 0 units of heat
Updates to appear monthly...
1 comment:
That's a zero correct?!?
WOW!
November 16th we're going to a hybrid system with a heat pump/furnace combo.
Also a new high efficiency water heater!
Post a Comment