Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To the Victor go the Spoils





Here's is my reward meal for having received my first post-contract paycheck. In other words...after fasting for two weeks in order to put up the cash for the final payment on my housing contract, I received my year-end severance payment from my company today. That's about $2200 in extra cash, just thrown on top of the pile. So..what does a chap do with that...here it is. Mom and dad should recognize it from Hahoe Village..the small traditional village we visited while you were here and had that meal in the thatch-roofed huts. Along with it is some cola (a sin for us "body-building" types) and 960 grams of Baskin Robbins impulse purchasing. There's one about a block or two down the road...I got to choose five flavors, of which I probably only tasted 2 or 3 tonight...it's a massive container...(and not even the biggest one they sell!!) All in all, a worthy reward for a job well done. Cheers!

Oh yeah..and my copilot in all things...(she's not blinking in the one photo..I just forgot to turn off the flash...oops..sorry Puppy...)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I wish I was there to celebrate with you. I'd skip the ice cream and go for the meal that we had at the village. I do miss the food and cooking directly at the table was a blast. There supposedly is a place in Tacoma like that. We'll have to visit it when you come home. :-)

MMartin said...

Or we can immerse ourselves in it when you're here in September...you could NOT imagine how much I'd enjoy that...