

Or the battle to contain my heating bills costs...
From November (I moved in on November 18th) I've been waging a war on my exorbitant heating bills. Approximately, my bills were $300+ the first month, $237 in December, $160 in January, $84 in February, and should come in at a flat $000 for March. I was out yesterday at a large electronics market and picked up another weapon in my arsenal. The shop had a legitimate looking promotional flyer listing the MSRP at $365 but slashed down to $245. Because I was in some, err, 'questionable' shops..the guy was offering it for $120...I dickered him down to a flat $100 and got the largest size available. I'm still hoping to get a room dividing curtain (burgandy, dark Cabernet Sauvignon colors on a metal rod with that classis metal shower ring sound as I slide open the split curtain like the Academy Award stage set---yes mom, I enjoy decorating :) but having that would allow this heater to work in a smaller space, or in other words, more efficiently (rather than trying to heat my entire apartment.)
But I plugged it in last night, and the temp. in my place rose 5 full degrees CELSIUS by the time I went to bed. So...I'm looking forward to next winter and much cheaper bills.
Also, a shot of a random gift a student's mother gave me, a really decent cookie set. I always thought her son could have been mentally retarded, turns out he just needed the right teacher, 'moi', and low-and-behold, he's becoming a class-leader. Teaching...what a way to make a difference in lives...
Enjoy...
5 comments:
Heat and cookies...what more does a man need? LOL
I'm so frustrated by Uncle Tony's comments on facebook. If you feel like venting...go at him. I really am a product of a white trash family. God help us all!
Kudos on bringing a child that was that to be retarded and bring him out of his shell. You are truly blessed!
there is no success without barriers, http://enakgratisan.blogspot.com
welcome aboard undurunudur..how'd you happen across this site? Where do you live?
Undar Undar has an interesting blog.
Swith it over to English and have a read.
Matthew, enjoy those cookies!
Post a Comment