Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Gentleman's Garden II




Cool and rainy here still.
This year's garden is (hopefully) deer proof.
The big patch of potato and strawberry is 100% re-growth from last year.
We also have a patch of potato growing out back and some spinach too.
Need some decent warm weather for the peppers and basil to kick in!
daddy-o






2 comments:

MMartin said...

funny you mention the spinach..it's so hot here my two rows burned before I was able to harvest...I have some basil, but just in a small pot indoors. I'll get some updated pics as my peppers and tomatoes ripen. My eggplants started fruiting last week and we've already gotten about 6 full-sized cucumbers...it's like an automatic veggie store out there...

Have you ever thought about building a small greenhouse to get more heat and artificial sun if you so desired...or to jumpstart some early growth??

Daddy-O said...

I have considered it.
might not be a bad idea if this round of "global cooling" is going to continue here.
We went through the entire 4th of July weekend and the temp never hit 70!
WTF!!!