Friday, July 18, 2008

Health-A Wiki(d) definition

Ok...here's the 'holy-grail' that we ought to aspire towards...

Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.[1]

This definition, which was ratified during the first World Health Assembly, has not been modified since 1948 [1].


Working under this premise (safe to assume we all accept it?) what can we do to improve our health, individual, collectively, and heck..humanity-wide as well.

Thoughts...

3 comments:

Daddy-O said...

My eating habits lately can be summed up as described in the book "In defense of Food".
1. Eat real food
2. Mostly plants
3. Not too much

Everything, from cereal to pizza has fruit or vegatables added to it.

Exercise (2 1/2 mile run every other day) and plenty of time spent outdoors.

Cut back on (but DON"T eliminate)coffee cigars and alcohol

Pretty simple. Most good things are...

Springer said...

My family is trying to get better as well. I gave in and baught Jessica Seinfield's cookbook, DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS and yummy! For longer than a week now my family has had a made meal by the working mommy of things with pureed items such as red pepper, avacado, califlower etc which you can't taste cause it gets cooked in and not only can I trick my kids, my husband is fooled too :-) I even made mom and dad dinner last week of turkey chili with pureed red pepper, carrot and flax seed....everyone pooped like clockwork....SORRY Once I know how to get pictures from the camera to computer I will post photos.

Jadan and I also made homemade fresh berries with yogurt popsicles.

Springer said...

Yep..looking forward to those live-action defecation shots...