
Due to the kindness, grace, and warm-heartedness of a pair of friends, I have had the distinct pleasure to imbibe on some international alcohol recently. I thought I would share the photographic evidence with you and some brief comments. A student in my Tuesday and Thursday, 10am adult female class has traveled to Hokkaido, the northern Japanese island twice within the past few months. Each time she has not missed the opportunity to bring her teacher (me!) back three cans of Japanese beer. Suffice it to say, it makes its Korean counterpart taste more like the piss water that it is. Her husband must be relatively beer-savvy as she has given me a balanced variety of cans, the three on the left were from her first trip, the three to the right are fare from her most recent. Each can has been refreshingly crisp and leaves a pleasant, brief, not overwhelming aftertaste. Note the most recent batch had a lager, and ale, and a stout. Yummy!
Stella, my Kyrgyzstan friend, (her grandparents, at least her maternal grandmother I believe originate from modern-day North Korea) was kind enough to bring with her a bottle of Kyrgyz cognac last night. We drank the entire bottle, again, yummy!! With my limited knowledge, and my all-too-brief research...all I can say is, reportedly Kyrgyz cognac is quite sweet...but renowned. And after the third glass...who the hell really cares anymore...
Enjoy the photo, and share some of your tastes from the four corners of this blessed Earth...
No comments:
Post a Comment