




So I knew I needed to supplement my diet with a heavy dose of protein, it's hard to get enough in the average diet anyhow. I also am learning about how valuable and important that immediate post-workout meal can be. So I went a'digging on the WWW and created a hodgepodge of things I read and saw and came up with my own shake. It's light years beyond my first failed attempt that came out as basically an icicle with strawberry flecks. I pour roughly two cups of milk, I should use fat-free or skim (I don't because I don't eat enough as it is...I can use the 'good stuff') one peeled frozen banana that I cut into parts, several frozen strawberries that I lop the top off of, just toss them in, a good sized portion of crunchy peanut butter for more protein and thick-creaminess, two scoops of protein powder, chocolate flavored, and occasionaly a whole chocolate bar, the new dark chocolate snickers is awesome, today I had a caramel twix, both sticks. Toss them in my new blender on the low setting, then slowly increase to the highest and let it get really well blended. (Interesting note, the volume of the liquid tends to increase the longer I leave it blend, to a point of course, or I'd just leave it running and never buy groceries again...) Afterwards, down the hatch. It's really good! I swear, about three-quarters of the way through the workout, I really craving it. However, I wouldn't recommend drinking it on it's own for a snack. You could..but I gave some to my adult student yesterday...I thought she was going to vomit, she was a trooper and chugged it all (I only poured her a bit) but she didn't have the same appreciation for such cuisine. Perhaps my palate is too sophisticated...
4 comments:
I just realized you may think I am eating rotten fruit. But please don't prejudge my banana (hehe) they taste better a bit browned as we all (ahem) know...but they get really 'tan' once they're frozen. It doesn't seem to harm anything under the peel...just a valuable social lesson in not judging one's darker brethren for being pigmentally enhanced.
Oh, another fun-Korean-fact game...how much do you pay for a pack of three Kirkland Boneless Ham Steaks at home? Korean price to follow...
LOL...actual I love a frozen black banana. It makes the best banana bread. I was just telling dad that same thing today. I made banana bread with Gaby while she was here, but it was a bit dry. I blamed it on the fact the bananas were not black enough.
I think we pay about $11 to $12 for the three Kirkland hams. What is it there? Is it better taste?
The taste is certainly no different...but the price, that is about as far flung from home as I am in the physical form. Try $32+ for a three pack. I'll have to get some other fun price comparisons next time...
Post a Comment