Sunday, June 8, 2008

The new Puchina...

Daddy doesn't know I'm on here now..in fact, he doesn't know I can type and operate a computer, much less let myself out of my new cage (that bastard bought me a cage...ughhh! the nerve!) but here I am...to let you know what's happening as my new life begins with Matthew, your son and brother, brother-in-law and uncle, but basically...that bearded guy I like to bite. He came to pick me up in Uijeongbu last weekend, it was my seven-week birthday actually, seeing as how I was introduced to the world on April 13! I had been living with my momma and brother and 4 sisters. Two sisters had disappeared with other people and my brother left with someone too. I miss them a lot, but I get the feeling they are happy. And I'm seven weeks old...so give me a break...I barely remember what I ate five minutes ago. Anyways, Matthew came in with his friend and started to play with my sister and I. I had several cousins visiting that day, so I was plenty occupied with everyone there. But I felt like I gave Matthew enough attention, he shouldn't be greedy, even though I get the sense he is. My sister gave him the full attention treatment, she such a drama queen and attention whore. She was biting him all over, kept running to him, and even sniffed his crotch...maybe he liked that!! I was more interested in all the other dogs on the bed and running around on the floor...but occasionaly Matthew would find me and seemed to be very interested in how I took to him. I didn't want to mislead him, so I was affectionate, but only as much as I genuinly felt to someone I'd just met....what, I'm not easy!! I think he recognized this...but his friend seemed to think my sister was better, would be more fun, would be more playful...that's fine, I was already back on the bed and playing with my cousins. Everyone seemed ready to leave, it seemed like the decision had been made for Matthew, my sister is more naturally beautiful, her coat is more even, more pure, she's more 'loving' and she doesn't have these embarrasing rings around her eyes. That's okay, I could stay with my momma for longer. Maybe someone nice will come take me later... So the human momma that I'd known until that point seemed to ask Matthew to choose...and his friend recommended the other puppy, my sister. But Matthew seemed to hesitate...I don't know why. He had the other puppy in his arms...but he wasn't leaving...something wasn't ready. I don't know why...but he looked at me again...he really looked at me...he seemed to ask me if I was ready..and I took his thumb in my small mouth and told him I would try my best. I don't know why...but that worked, he chose me....he got some food...some training pads (cause I still need to learn how to pee in the right place) and some treats. And finally...he picked me up. I didn't feel scared, his arms are nice and warm. Everyone seemed ready to leave, but Matthew took me back to my momma and said, "say goodbye..." Now, I'm seven weeks old, I said that already...but Matthew seemed to be the only person in the room that cared about me saying goodbye to my mom...and I think someday I'll be glad, even just a little bit. But I did, and my mom seemed happy, I don't know really. So we left, it really happened so quickly, now I was walking outside in the cold..it's friggen freezing!...I haven't been outside much!! Matthew carried me down the alleyways and towards who knows where...we sat down at a little shop and he and his friend say in plastic red chairs and watched me. Frankly, I was terrified, I just shook and let them play with me and pet me..I didn't care as long as I wasn't totally alone. Finally, we headed on to a bus station. We got on the bus and I could crawl all over Matthew and his friend as we rode the rest of the way to his apartment. It took about twenty minutes, but I've never felt so free. I've only known that little cage and my momma... Matthew seemed really happy and kissed me a lot, a lot of people looked at us, but he didn't seem to care...I liked that. Finally we got off the bus and WOW!!! everyone called me cute and pretty, they all smiled when they saw me. I felt Matthew's chest grow as he carried me quickly inside...I don't know what's behind these doors and up those elevators...but I'm excited to find out....

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hang in there little girl. Matt will grow on you. Be patient with him, he has told me how much he loves you. I can't wait to meet you and learn your name, although Puchina does have a ring to it. P.S. YaYa Martin is sending you something in the mail. Tell Matt to send me his new address again and we'll give it a try.
Love, YaYa Martin

Daddy-O said...

I love that you both have dogs and you both refer to them as puchina.

White Mountain Dusty is smiling down on both of you...you remember that smile right?!?

The Old One