Friday, June 20, 2008

A Spring Dream

The earth tumbled to my side...
I am the breaker of God's ground...

I attract the sun and her millionth arm...
I am the capitol of bees...

Heavens gape to replenish my needs...
And men change course to allow me to grow...

Humanity and the animal kingdom require me...
Without me, you would die...

I am the embodiment of spring...
Yet I love you each fairly...

I pose in endless hues...
For which I pay no dues...

As spring grows old...
I grow more bold...

My wings blossom and bloom...
Your songs soften and swoon...

I meet you more poignantly...
And you sigh more emphatically...

I entoxicate young and old...
Knowing what was will become cold...

So take great care and caution...
And appreciate me often...

I am a simple dream...
But to all I am supreme.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Please explain your poem for me.

Springer said...

Nah...I think I'll just let your imagination run its full course...it's much more significant what the poems brings to light in your mind or soul rather than my stuffy, selfish explanation...let 'it' grow...